Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minutes from 11/16 meeting

3 posters

Go down

Minutes from 11/16 meeting Empty Minutes from 11/16 meeting

Post by Scott Lanzerio Wed 17 Mar 2010, 10:41 pm

Teams in attendance ...

Buccaneers
Eagles
Falcons
Dolphins
Hurricanes
Knights
RIP
Steel Curtain
Yankees

Next meeting will be Wednesday 3/31 at same location (Edward Saunders Community Center). All team representatives should be present at this meeting. Each team is required to pay the first (non-refundable) $100 of their league fee at this meeting.

The following information was given by Derrick Floyd ...

The league will start May 1st. The end date should be August 7th the week before the Referees Tournament.

Fee structure. All league fee information can be found by following this link >> http://wnyffl.net/fees.htm
This page can be printed and given to your sponsors.

The league fee is due the 3rd week of April.

Any pertinent league issues will be voted on by all teams present at meetings. 1 vote per team. It is the teams responsibility to ensure your team is represented at each meeting.

Our last meeting typically is a week prior to the start of the season and that is when the officials will be joining us to answer any questions or clarify any rules. We will also be drawing for teams and the first weeks schedule will be setup.

This is a full contact, physical league. Every player should be aware that this league is not a recreational league. We play for money - paid birth to the USFTL National Tournament in January. The term body up¯
was explained and demonstrated. Full contact blocking was explained. The use of forearms is legal in this league. This is a physical league. The knowledge and participation in the physical nature of this league is
important. The result of this has proven that this league has less fights and less injuries when everyone plays 100% physical.

We use triple threat flags. You can purchase these for $2.87 each at http://www.pricebustersports.com/fbttbl.html

Rescheduling Games: Some games need rescheduling due to teams traveling out of town for tournaments or other reasons. It is imperative both teams agree to the reschedule to avoid any forfeits. Both agreeing teams
must advise Derrick Floyd the date of the rescheduled games. Derrick schedules the officials and will need to notify them of the schedule change.

Forfeits - The forfeiting team will pay the entire officiating fee ( $90 ) for that game. If a team folds during the season they are still responsible to pay the officiating fee for the rest of the season.

Not all teams make the playoffs. More than likely the top 6 teams will make the playoffs.

June 12-13 league bye week for the Buffalo Summer NIT.

There will be no byes for Memorial Day or 4th of July weekend. We plan on continuing what we started last season and have a night game 4th of July weekend. The night games are rewarded to the veteran teams. Location still to be determined. There’s a good chance we’ll also be able to have some fireworks.

Next meeting we’ll be voting on game times.

Just a quick reminder that in no way will we tolerate any fighting or any illegal behavior. As you all know Derrick is one of Buffalo’s finest. We have other players that are in police agencies and most every week we have a Buffalo police officer spectate our games. We’ve never had any problems in the past and do not expect any in the future. We wouldn’t want Derrick to have to arrest anyone. Let’s just continue representing ourselves, family and city in a great way!

Gentlemen we have 6 Saturdays between now and opening day May 1st. Time is ticking …… The 2010 season should be an awesome one!

Peace ~ Scott

Scott Lanzerio

Back to top Go down

Minutes from 11/16 meeting Empty Re: Minutes from 11/16 meeting

Post by K/S#19 Wed 17 Mar 2010, 10:59 pm

sooooooooooo the Panthers were not at the meeting?..............

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Lanzerio Thu 18 Mar 2010, 6:33 am

The Panthers ?!?! Who are the Panthers ?!?! I haven't heard from any Panther team nor do I believe Derrick has.... So Celtic you may want to get in touch with us. Our contact info is on the website.
Peace ~ Scott

Scott Lanzerio

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic1 Thu 18 Mar 2010, 9:52 am

sorry scott i did not know i needed to attend the meeting or was mislead but on the same note my team and i have discussed this issue and we have decided to play are first games in the JFK league before starting in the wnyffl to insure that are team is ready for the harder competition in the WNYFFL. The wnyffl after doing further research and not being ready the first time around when i started the Bengals is the toughest and the best in the country and it would not do the league justice to field a team that is below the standard set by teams like the Bucks,Yanks,and eagles who have proven to the country or at least the east coast that Buffalo can bring it. So good luck to all this season and remember im watching.

celtic1

Back to top Go down

Minutes from 11/16 meeting Empty CELTIC1

Post by ME Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:15 am

THE SAME TEAMS IN THE FFL IS IN THE JFK!!!!! affraid

ME

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic1 Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:45 am

hey me no they are not the same teams look at the 2 teams that were in the campionship game the titans and the browns the titans had guys from the bucs and so did the browns plus the raiders dont play in the wnyffl so no its not the same teams

celtic1

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 19 Mar 2010, 12:23 am

I agree.. not to say the JFK is an inferior league, its just that the outdoor league that Scott and Derrick run under USFTL rules is the best and JFK is a notch below. I know some players wont play because its a tag league and not flag.... having said all that, if you have the numbers you should compete THIS season. even if you go 0 for the season, losing can build character. The Bucs first year or two they didnt win much and now they are the cream of the crop, top rated "B" class team in the country after Pitt I predict. So you may have to lose and stick with it for a while...the first year I played on the Rams who are now the Knights, we won twice maybe three. You have gotta take some whoopings to learn the ropes unfortunately. Good luck with whatever you decide, see you at @ Epic.....
Sean 19

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic1 Fri 19 Mar 2010, 12:24 pm

i agree with you ram19 i wanted to play but like i said i discussed it with my team they decided to hold off untill next season. I never thought to mention the epic center to them most if not all the guys played mainly in college and then semi pro so grabbing the flag will be new so maybe the epic center is a good start for that. If you can provide me with a link or info on the way the epic center works would be great. Thanks

celtic1

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 19 Mar 2010, 5:49 pm

epiccenter.com? im not sure, just goggle it.
sean

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by mike4 Fri 19 Mar 2010, 8:50 pm

LMFAO No panthers in wnyffl after all that shit talkin LMFAO How u gon play JFK TO get ur feet wet in WNYFFL? 2 different leagues dummy stop being a pussy and field a team so we can woop that ass and laugh about it I told yall this DUDE celtic is a POSER dude go grab some pom poms and a training bra bro cheer for who ever u want but this site is for big dogs only! oh and by the way when jfk do come around remember the TITANS THE CHAMPIONS OF 09 YUP THATS US MY TEAM DUMMY SO U MIGHT WANNA PLAY GBFFL INSTEAD I DNT PLAY THERE u can have epic that blows too those so called leagues might suit u better kid lol im done with this poser celtic1 not jus me but this whole league is laughing at you! smdh all that talk n then they like where the panthers!? what panthers!? oh um see what happened was we wanna try......shut yo bitch ass up!!! we play hard over here bitch each and every team each week we dnt cheerlead dog we ball hard what u do? Ill tell you in ur own post "im just a guy who watch from the sidelines and wish I could play that oh I knw ill make a screen name up lets see celtic warrior...DAMN it dont fit okay celtic1 cool yes sounds awesome right billy?(billy in the background:yeah dude totally!)okay now imma see who I can stir up" WHAT A POSER IM OUT BITCH!

mike4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down