Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you need to do to get noticed by college football teams?

Go down

What do you need to do to get noticed by college football teams? Empty What do you need to do to get noticed by college football teams?

Post by RollTideRoll Thu 08 Jul 2010, 7:39 am

I am not a huge guy like 5'9 160 i play receiver and corner about to be a Junior in High School in the state of Texas. I have talked to a few of my friends that are going to big schools (like Missouri, and Tech). They said go to as many camps and get your tapes out. Anymore tips on stuff that should be done, or camps I should attend?

RollTideRoll

Back to top Go down

What do you need to do to get noticed by college football teams? Empty High School Player

Post by Tony Thu 08 Jul 2010, 4:13 pm

Roll Tide,

My first piece of advice would be for you to make sure you maintain at least a 2.5 G.P.A. or higher. Without the proper grades, all the talent in the world will not get you a look from any schools.

Second, your friends are correct, it's time for you to start putting your name out there, via phone calls to school's of interest, highlight film, camps (if affordable).

If they like what they see/hear from you, THEY WILL BE IN CONTACT!!!

My last bit of advice is, don't worry about your size at such a young age....at 5'9" 160, you still have room to get to 185-190 lbs and maintain your speed/quickness/agility. You are on the right path to success in life, I wish you all the best...just make sure that as the distraction's of life come your way, you maintain your focus.

"SOMETIMES IN LIFE, WE HAVE MUST MAKE SACRIFICES IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THE GOALS WE WANT TO ACHIEVE".........Remember this!!!!

If you would like to talk more, here is my number (302) 733-3921

Tony Thornton

Tony

Back to top Go down