Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10

3 posters

Go down

Week 10 Empty Week 10

Post by TheGreek Thu 08 Jul 2010, 8:51 pm

Well Gents, it's been a great season! The final week is here! I just read the Bookie's lines for this week. He talks quite a bit about teams resting players. I'm not so sure that's a good move. Flag Football Guy don't take games off to rest for the playoffs. That's the NFL! Just ask Steve Smith.

Giants vs Irish
The Irish will play 2 games this week. The first game will be against the Giants. Do the Irish have a chance of winning at least one of these 2 games? If so this is not the game they will win. The Irish will be without thier best player for this game. The Giants are too balanced to allow this game to be an upset. Giants win this game with ease! I really don't see how the Giants can lose this game. Even if Alex &/or BJ plays QB they win. Maybe if Hollywood plays QB they lose. But is that guarantee? Probably not. With the absence of Noah the Irish really have no other threat. The Giants defense is too solid to allow the worst offensive team in the league to score on them.

Steel Curtain vs Hurricanes
The Steel Curtain is improving weekly. I saw a couple of things this past week with Bobby. I see Bobby starting to be a leader. He's starting to lead his team and it seems like he's not afraid to put people in thier place to do what's best for the team. He's also starting to throw the ball more. I see him taking control of his team and focusing on improving as a QB. I
believe we'll see Steel Curtain shutdown the Hurricanes and run all over them. The Hurricanes don't have a good enough defense to come close to stopping the Curtain. Rob may take 1 in for 6 but it will definitely not be enough. I wouldn't be surprised if the Curtain scored everytime they touch the ball.

Killswitch vs R.I.P. Ent
Does Killswitch have a chance to win this game? I'm thinking it's a great matchup. Yes there are playoff implications in this game and both teams should know this and that should create some incentive. Killswitch has improved on the rush lately. Could that be because Sean is not playing? Hmmm has to make you wonder. I'm thinking it's because Pete has been
playing like a beast lately. I'd like to see R.I.P. win this game. Their defense is solid. The offense executed great last week. They need to continue that. Hey R.I.P. might want to stop using Odie as a decoy. Odie is the man! Get him the ball! By the way Odie, I heard Sean saying that you suck! He said your slow and he could cover you if he wasn't injured. I also heard him say that if you go by his sideline he'll kick you in the knee.

Ballers vs Eagles
There was some hype revolving this game before the season even started. It's unfortunate that this game will not live up to the hype. I don't think the Ballers will have a chance against the Eagles. The Ballers offense is so suspect. It really doesn't matter which QB will be there for the Ballers. After the first week the offense has not been in sync since. The Ballers have some great guys and if they stick with it they will be a top contender. Just look at thier defense, tied for #1 right now with the Buccs. Imagine if they got a QB who could make an impact. The Eagles have proved they are a solid team on all levels. Some would say thier weak point is Bobby. Well he's leading the league in TD's and he's been solid enough for them to be undefeated. I'd venture to say they'll be undefeated until they play the Buccs in the championship game.

Irish vs Steel Curtain
Steel Curtain will go 2-0 this week. Once again I think mainly due to the leadership and effort from Bobby. Wag is out there doing his thing with his loud, bordering obnoxious, voice and making sure the time is managed. However, the success lies in the true leadership on the field. That leadership on the field has to keep the team focused. Don't get caught up in the trash talk you will hear from the Yankees. Marlon make sure you maintain a leadership role too. Don't talk shit or you may find that it will bite in you in the ass. The Irish will go winless this season. It's unfortunate but I'd like to see them continue next season. Keep that core strong. Recruit reliable players. You will be able to compete by keeping a strong core. Steel Curtain will be victorious.

Broncos vs Yankees
Can the Broncos manage an upset? I'm not so sure I would go along with that thought. I like how the Broncos have been playing. If they stick with it they'll continue to grow strong and be a contender. The only way the Broncos could manage that upset is by neutralizing TJ. There hasn't been many teams who have managed to do it. It can be done though. I'm not sure if the Broncos have the talent to neutralize Mr. Johnson long enough to take the lead and hold on to it. I like this game a lot. I'm hoping we'll see some great physical play from the Broncos. In the end, when the last whistle blows on the regular season I'm certain the battle cry we hear will be nothing less than a salute. A Yankee salute as they will be victorious.

That's it. It was a great season! Be safe in your travels and on the field Buccs! Good luck!

The Greek farao

TheGreek

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Empty Re: Week 10

Post by K/S#19 Thu 08 Jul 2010, 10:32 pm

thx for the love greek!

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by hlywd7 Fri 09 Jul 2010, 3:51 pm

Im going to play QB now. I guarantee I throw 3 TDs with no pics. lol

hlywd7

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Empty Eating Crow

Post by TheGreek Sun 11 Jul 2010, 2:17 am

Ok ... I guess I have some crow to eat on at least 2 games. First what was I thinking about Bobby and being a leader? Forget I ever said it. Leaders show up!

Secondly, in spite of the league putz Killswitch is proving to be a worthy playoff team!

The Greek farao

TheGreek

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Sun 11 Jul 2010, 9:17 am

ouch. in spite? Well at least I can take solace in the fact that you cant stop talking about me. If its negative I dont care, my teamates give me all the cred and respect I need.
thx
Sean
League Putz

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down