Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Lines

+2
hlywd7
money$ mike
6 posters

Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty Week 2 Lines

Post by Bookie Thu 06 May 2010, 7:52 pm

Hurricanes vs Giants (-14) o/u 14
The line would be more but I think the high winds should slow the Giants offense down more than the Hurricanes defense will. The Canes will probably be going through some growing pains this year but if they stick with it I think they can build a competitive team. They are playing against the champs though so I doubt they will threaten in this one. Giants score on two long methodical drives and coast to a win.

Broncos vs Killswitch (-6) o/u 20
Killswitch still needs to learn how to close out games, nearly giving away one last week to the Hurricanes. If they play that sloppy in this one I think they get beat. The Broncos realize it will take time to get things together so I like them to pull off some upsets later in the year. I think it will be a close game throughout with Killswitch taking it on a late drive.

Irish vs Eagles (-24) o/u 24
This one could get ugly. The Irish have taken a step backwards this year and looked like they gave up at halftime last week. Weather should not affect the Eagles offense, they'll play small ball all day. If the Irish crossed the 50 because of an offense play it would be a minor miracle. Eagles cruise.

RIP vs Ballers (-8) o/u 22
Both teams had strong outings last week, though against weak teams. The Ballers have good athletes and a good system so I think they could easily be 6-0 heading into the bye week. RIP did look better on offense, but the Dolphins have a ways to go so I think the jury is still out on whether they can consistently score. I'll take the Ballers in this one.

Steel Curtain vs Bucs (-6) o/u 19
The Bucs lost and looked bad in the second half against the Eagles last week. Steel Curtain looked good, but the biggest threat they have is handling adversity. They have talent and emotion, but their emotion can work against them if they get behind on the scoreboard. I think the Bucs get the Steel Curtain to fight amongst themselves and take the W.

Yankees vs Dolphins (+12) o/u 21
With the talk on the board earlier in the season you would think this could be the game of the week. It isn't, not by a long shot. The Yankees, confused why people don't like them (maybe it's because they flat out say they don't respect anyone not on their own team), should have an easy win in this one. The Dolphins have a long way to go but hopefully they keep it together and make this a game worth watching. Yankees win, Mike and DBish celebrate with a long dis and dat rant about how the Dolphins suck.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty Re: Week 2 Lines

Post by Irish! Thu 06 May 2010, 10:49 pm

You clearly did not watch the irish play last week. We were scored upon on the first 3 drives of the game all on less than 50 yard drives. After that the ballers did not move the ball at all, and we had several long drives that did end without points. And the game ended with a 98 yd touchdown when we needed to score within 12 seconds or would be mercied so we rushed 4. I hardly see that as giving up in the second half. If the ballers are so good i would say they gave up in the second half.

Irish!

Back to top Go down

Post by money$ mike Fri 07 May 2010, 9:38 am

Buccs don't have a chance they 2 old and i don't c no body stoping us. The score will be 21 to 6 ad long as they got that same qb

money$ mike

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty LOL

Post by hlywd7 Fri 07 May 2010, 9:49 am

Bookie wrote:Hurricanes vs Giants (-14) o/u 14
The line would be more but I think the high winds should slow the Giants offense down more than the Hurricanes defense will. The Canes will probably be going through some growing pains this year but if they stick with it I think they can build a competitive team. They are playing against the champs though so I doubt they will threaten in this one. Giants score on two long methodical drives and coast to a win.

Broncos vs Killswitch (-6) o/u 20
Killswitch still needs to learn how to close out games, nearly giving away one last week to the Hurricanes. If they play that sloppy in this one I think they get beat. The Broncos realize it will take time to get things together so I like them to pull off some upsets later in the year. I think it will be a close game throughout with Killswitch taking it on a late drive.

Irish vs Eagles (-24) o/u 24
This one could get ugly. The Irish have taken a step backwards this year and looked like they gave up at halftime last week. Weather should not affect the Eagles offense, they'll play small ball all day. If the Irish crossed the 50 because of an offense play it would be a minor miracle. Eagles cruise.

RIP vs Ballers (-Cool o/u 22
Both teams had strong outings last week, though against weak teams. The Ballers have good athletes and a good system so I think they could easily be 6-0 heading into the bye week. RIP did look better on offense, but the Dolphins have a ways to go so I think the jury is still out on whether they can consistently score. I'll take the Ballers in this one.

Steel Curtain vs Bucs (-6) o/u 19
The Bucs lost and looked bad in the second half against the Eagles last week. Steel Curtain looked good, but the biggest threat they have is handling adversity. They have talent and emotion, but their emotion can work against them if they get behind on the scoreboard. I think the Bucs get the Steel Curtain to fight amongst themselves and take the W.

Yankees vs Dolphins (+12) o/u 21
With the talk on the board earlier in the season you would think this could be the game of the week. It isn't, not by a long shot. The Yankees, confused why people don't like them (maybe it's because they flat out say they don't respect anyone not on their own team), should have an easy win in this one. The Dolphins have a long way to go but hopefully they keep it together and make this a game worth watching. Yankees win, Mike and DBish celebrate with a long dis and dat rant about how the Dolphins suck.

That is too funny Bookie.

hlywd7

Back to top Go down

Post by juice81 Fri 07 May 2010, 11:28 am

Irish! wrote:You clearly did not watch the irish play last week. We were scored upon on the first 3 drives of the game all on less than 50 yard drives. After that the ballers did not move the ball at all, and we had several long drives that did end without points. And the game ended with a 98 yd touchdown when we needed to score within 12 seconds or would be mercied so we rushed 4. I hardly see that as giving up in the second half. If the ballers are so good i would say they gave up in the second half.

First, I know our(Ballers) opening scoring drive was longer than 50 yds, we started just inside our own 40. Regardless, I don't think either team here gave up in the second half. Although a few stupid penalties on our part (Ballers) aided the Irish drives, they definitely moved the ball better in the 2nd half and played better on defense as well. The Baller offense stalled a little in the second half, but our defense stood strong twice with our backs against our own goal line to preserve the shutout. Considering the Irish only had 8 players I don't think they played that bad, and I definitely didn't see any quit in them in the second half. That's what it's all about, playing hard until the final whistle regardless of the score. Good game last week Irish, and good luck this week against a tough Eagles team.

juice81

Back to top Go down

Post by canes#23 Fri 07 May 2010, 12:25 pm

can somebody tell don paul to have hurricane force winds sat. it would be nice

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 07 May 2010, 12:40 pm

I agree, I didnt see any quit in the Irish even though they were getting worked. If they had good numbers they would produce. I think one of their better O linemen had to play QB last week. Ballers looked good dont get me wrong, I just think the Irish are better than people are giving credit. Maybe its b-cuz my name is SEAN....but I like the Irish!
thx
Sean

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by Makeitrain Fri 07 May 2010, 1:16 pm

I know the Irish have one player on their team that can take over any game and can break any play open. Keep an eye on him.

Makeitrain

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 07 May 2010, 2:10 pm

who? the wr? noah?

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by Makeitrain Fri 07 May 2010, 3:17 pm

No. Not sure where he is playing this year for them. usually wr/cb.

Makeitrain

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 07 May 2010, 4:55 pm

if they had the little QB from sawyercreek/titans Epic teams (flutie!!!!) plus some of their supporting cast they would be much improved. U cant go marathon and win against good teams in this league and the tourny's.

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by Makeitrain Fri 07 May 2010, 5:20 pm

oh i agree. you need good depth of quality players to make it in this league. team leadership and organization plays a huge part.

Makeitrain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down