Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Lines

Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty Week 2 Lines

Post by Bookie Thu 12 May 2011, 2:16 pm

Here are my thoughts this week, any takers on these odds?

Bucs vs Ballers (+6) o/u 28
Both teams won last week but the Bucs look far more impressive than the Ballers. I think if the Ballers have a chance they will have to execute far better than they have been. The Bucs still have a great rush and the Ballers have a couple solid blockers so I think the game will come down to who wins in the trenches. I see the Bucs being more physical and taking this game.

RIP vs Broncos (+12) o/u 22
RIP had an impressive showing last week although it was against an undermanned Eagles team. They look sharp in their new jerseys and were organized the entire way. I have to say I probably had them lower in the rankings than they deserved. With their new found strategy, some of which I'm sure was courtesy of Tony, Ford, and the Yankees, they will be a tough team. The Broncos had a good shot last week but it got away. I like them to compete in this one early, but RIP should pull away in the end.

Blackout vs Titans (+20) o/u 20
The game of the week was a dud last week as Team USA took it to Blackout early and did not let up. I still think Blackout will be one of the last teams standing, they have an entire year to put it together. This one will be over quick. The Titans have a lot to learn about the league but I saw some veteran players giving them advice on the sideline. If they listen and pick up some size they may develop into a decent team. Blackout rights the ship and cruises in this one.

Killswitch vs Eagles (+1) o/u 24
This is a tough one to call if it is even played, I hear Killswitch is traveling to the Metro Cup this weekend. Assuming the game is played, I see Killswitch winning a close one. The Eagles were shorthanded last week and clearly are not the Eagles of old. They still have a good core with their D line and a fast WR, they need to get some depth to return to their old form. Killswitch looked bad last week on offense but their defense held strong considering they played in the shadows of their goalposts all game. I like the Killswitch if their whole squad shows up.

Yankees vs Giants (-2) o/u 28
I'll call this game the game of the week. The Yankees confidence continues to soar after taking it to the expansion team, this week may be a different story. I think the Giants know the Yankees offense well enough to keep it in check, and Bobby can spread the ball out enough to move the offense. If the Giants can score early I think the game becomes easier for them, the longer the Yankees stay close the more their emotion will help them win the game. I'll go with the Giants in this one, there are still a few Yankees that are thinking more about themselves then the team. I was surprised to see Wr's complaining about their QB when they're up by four touchdowns. If Tony cannot get that in check they will not reach their full potential.

Steelers vs Team USA (-13) o/u 36
Mason had an impressive showing last week and made me glad I picked them as the favorites. I don't think the Steelers can match Team USA in the skill positions and if Mason has the same arsenal of receivers he'll have another big day. On defense Team USA had alot of pressure against Blackout. I think they will have a tougher time getting in against the Steelers, but should still have more than enough to win this one.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty Re: Week 2 Lines

Post by Odie1 Thu 12 May 2011, 2:53 pm

Bookie I would like to say thank you once again for the motivation....I like how you gave credit to Tony and Ford for our strategy and not our 3 previous years of trial and error...True, a few of our guys went and played with the Yankees out of town and it probably help both parties...(check the awards and honorable mentions) But if you think that WE as a team wasn't on a different page and a new chapter....well...you were wrong...but thanks for the MOTIVATION....I..wait scratch that...WE need that from you all season...Odie out

Odie1

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty no title

Post by yank fan Thu 12 May 2011, 3:57 pm

i wonder if rip payed their fine and will be fielding a team this week........this should teach u that fighting does not pay......oh wait it does...with fines.....hahahahahaha

lets get this win this week ford

yank fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie1 Thu 12 May 2011, 5:08 pm

Who let the cornball in????? Anyway I see "no name" got rubbed the wrong way because I'm around for my team....sad. Well what can I say but YEAH THE FINE IS TOOK'N CARE OF....and further more our actions last week was a light scratch that will heal. No further negativity from our team will be tolerated...and that dont have anything to do with the Commish position....it has something to do with our position AS A TEAM (thats MAN talk son) Now on to the Yankees....I have a lot of friends on that team and I wish them the best...but at the end of the day I breath R.I.P. GANG GREEN...and what type of fan are you to try and make enemies out of friends? Sucka MC....give the mic to someone important LMAO wait ROTFLMAO!!

Odie1

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty um

Post by yank fan Thu 12 May 2011, 6:49 pm

cornball huh, at least im not a thug, when shit goes wrong on the field i dont go looking for a fight, your the cornball, no im sorry your team is a bunch of clowns. Play football and stop fighting, but if you want to keep playing dirty and fighting and paying fines, thats cool with me. And another thing i dont care if you are friends with some of my teammates.

Yankee pride

yank fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie1 Thu 12 May 2011, 7:23 pm

Like I said......cornball...look at what your saying...I can tell what type of person you are by the replies you gave. You dont know any of us....to come with a bias opinion on people you dont know is very weak. In fact you probably dont play much..but that ok too. You dont affect me with the gibberish. Actually you want to get personal and judge us without real merit. What make us thugs? A scuffle? We received consequences for our actions...sometime emotions overflow (emotion supersede intelligence) and take people in a direction that has a negative affect on themselves and others..(like your emotional actions) I think you suffer from CONFIRMATION BIAS.(Look it up)...Thankyou for your input

Odie1

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Thu 12 May 2011, 8:37 pm

Bookie...You and I have to have a little talk. How can you make Team Blackout the biggest favorites of the week after the 20-0 losing performance. I dont care who they are playing, after that game they shouldnt be favorite in any matchup.

Unknown

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty clown

Post by yank fan Thu 12 May 2011, 9:08 pm

Everybody has a choice, you and your team chose to fight. Dont tell me that emotions took over. EVERYONE HAS CHOICES. Bunch of thugs, you guys need to be kicked out of the league,

Bunch of thugs

yank fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie1 Thu 12 May 2011, 9:20 pm

Thanx for the joke prick...LMAO!

Odie1

Back to top Go down

Post by unknown1 Fri 13 May 2011, 12:56 am

Sound like somebody got a hard on for Blackout. You keep tryin, no luck. Not normal trash talk though. Sound more like bitterness, jealousy. Like a woman scorned. They must not have included u or somethin. Well good luck wit dat, see a shrink u got issues.

unknown1

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty Smh, Damn shame

Post by Yankee#0 Fri 13 May 2011, 11:12 am

Guess this is my 2nd post of the year but really my last, that dude is just what he put a fan, probably jumped on our bandwagon after we won nationals, probably hates us & just trying 2stir up some BS, cuz me & my NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP boys paid a fine & fought in Orlando together on our way 2being undefeated champs, so guess we thugs big homie, National Championship Thugs @ that! Led by the most Gangsta White Boys in the hood, MIKE FORD, JIM FRANKHAUSER, & RONNIE WEBBER, All offensive MVP's in Florida, hope all of there WIVES dont start thugging in the stands this weekend.... SMH, what do u have 2do 4a lil respect around here?! Damn shame, im about done w/ the board though Otis, ask Breeze "I ain't got that 2 do!"

Still wishing health 2 the league & its players (& its fans) lol

Yankee CEO *

Yankee#0

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Lines Empty Giants lose WEEK 2????

Post by Yankee#0 Fri 13 May 2011, 11:21 am

O yeah, im sick of losing 2 the giants 2...Bobby dont show up tomorrow, THANKS BRO!

Yankee#0

Back to top Go down

Post by CoD Fri 13 May 2011, 12:22 pm

First off, obviously the fight that occurred was inexcusable. There is no room for that sort of behavior on the football field. This is a game that is to be respected and that starts with the people on the field. Punching someone from behind is a cowardly act. That being said, they have paid the price it is time to move forward. No one is perfect and as long as it does not happen again it shouldn't be a topic of conversation anymore.

In regards to the Blackout team. That is a very good team with some good veteran leadership. People have to remember that this Buffalo league has a diverse group of talent. We have A/B teams playing C/D teams. Blackout had a great tourney and will continue to do so but saying anything negative about them because they played a good USA team doesn't make much sense to me. As the season goes on yes they will get better but teams play in their respective divisions for a reason. To expect anything other than that isn't using much common sense. Also, the line given for the Blackout game sounds about right to me. Saying they don't deserve that after the showing against USA once again doesn't ring true. They will dominate this week, it is that simple.

Yankees... People do not hate you. That is one thing I will not understand. Its as if teams want to be hated so they bring it up just for fun. I as well as others were glad to see you win in Orlando. That was a great tourney for you guys and hopefully you will have many more.

Flag Football is thriving in Buffalo. Lets keep it that way! Lets respect the sport and the players and represent Buffalo well when we travel.

Lets have fun Saturday!!!!

CoD

Back to top Go down

Post by wr89 Fri 13 May 2011, 1:48 pm

well said.

wr89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down