Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid-Season Awards

+3
hlywd7
K/S#19
Mike#4
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty Mid-Season Awards

Post by Bookie Fri 04 Jun 2010, 11:42 am

Just like last year, these are just my opinions, not sanctioned by the league. Since everyone runs different packages there will be 9 all WNY players on each side of the ball.

All WNY Offense
QB - Bobby McConnell (Eagles) - Leader of the best offense in the league so far, possesses exceptional intelligence and can manipulate defenses. When he's confident he's tough to stop.
OL - Darnell Hamilton (Bucs) - Year in and year out one of the best BB's in the league who can also take the direct snap for some yards. Hardest hitter in the league.
OL - Bear (Eagles) - Probably the best blocking center in the league but also one of the best receiving threats, has the smarts to find open zones and a good motor.
OL - Jay (Killswitch) - On an underachieving team he's having a solid year at BB, solid footwork and hands plus ability to get downfield blocks.
OL - #69 (Ballers) - I don't know his name but he has strength and can drive defenders, finishes all his blocks
WR - Tony Johnson (Yankees) - THE playmaker of the league, despite seeing double coverages manages to make plays and drives the Yankee offense almost single handedly.
WR - Cody Williams (Giants) - Great pickup by the Giants, has speed and hands, runs good deep routes and can find holes in the back of the endzone.
WR - Noah Huard (Irish) - With the right QB would be able to make a huge impact in any game. Great speed and elusiveness, just needs to get a line to give his QB time.
WR - That one guy from the Ballers - I think he is number 26, has good wheels and is shifty. Someone from the Ballers help me out on this one.

All WNY Defense
DL - Rashid Howie (Bucs) - May have lost a step but consistently brings it on every play. Can change the game with his speed rush.
DL - Mueller (Giants) - Has a good motor and never gives up on a play, can go through blockers, can read plays well and collapses the pocket.
DL - Sean M (Eagles) - Another tough rusher that never quits on a play. Eagles use stunts but Sean can get to the QB with his own intensity.
LB – Mike Vastola (Bucs) - Great reading and can jump balls, physical on flags and can fight off blocks.
LB - #54 Eagles – Physical player always going forward, times blitzes well and fight through blocks despite size.
DB - Steve Patterson (Giants) – Ball hawk with a lot of reach makes it difficult for any team to complete a deep ball. Ability to read QB can force teams gameplan around him.
DB - Terrence Brown (Bucs) – Tremendous speed and aggressive to the ball, despite size very physical on flags.
DB – Mitch Reese (RIP) – Makes plays on the ball and can shut down receivers, near the top of the league in interceptions every year.
DB – Jamie Welsted (Giants) – Not a flashy player but can come up with a big play when it matters. Smart, reads patterns well and is never caught in empty space.

Offensive MVP
Bobby McConnell (Eagles) – Has shown remarkable improvement and makes the Eagles offense much more dangerous than last year. Still may not have the strongest arm but knows how to play to his own strengths and win.

Defensive MVP
Steve Patterson (Giants) – This award could have gone to the entire Giants defense which is impressive, but Patterson can change a game himself. He has a lot of range, can get in a QB’s head, and has ability to score any time he gets his hands on the ball.

Responses are always welcome, who did I leave out? Who is on the list that shouldn’t be? If I got a name wrong or a position I apologize. With players missing and filling in for different roles all the time it’s tough to tell who plays where.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty Re: Mid-Season Awards

Post by Mike#4 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 12:01 pm

SERIOUSLY!? HOW IN THE BLUE HELL IM I NOT MENTIONED....AGAIN WHEN HOWIE HAS ONLY10 SACKS NOT ELEVEN AND ME AND HIM TIED I MEAN NOTHIN AGAINST MUEL AND SEAN BUT YOUR CREDABILITY IS SHOT BRAH IM HAVING THE BEST SEASON OF MY CAREER NOBODY EVEN CLOSE TO ME IN SACKS f__k YOU BOOKIE UR CREDABILITY IS SHOT USE YOUR BRAIN AND AND STOP COCK RIDING THRU THIS WHOLE SHIT U GOT 1 YANKEE MAN C'MON SON MY MAN WEBBER AINT ON THIS LIST BEST GAURD IN THIS DAMN LEAGUE U PICKED JAY!? MR. BUTT BLOCKER LOL THE MAN BLOCKS SIDEWAYS DUDE AND LOOK AT MIKE BRUNO SINCE HE CAME OVER INSTNTLY GAVE OUR OFFENSE A LIFT WHY U THINK THEY JUST CANT KEY ON TONY HUH IM DONE.>>>>>>>THEN THEY WONDER WHY WE FEEL WE THE MOST HATED TEAM

Mike#4

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:08 pm

ill tell u what Mike, dont talk shit about Jay, bcuz he is having a great year and has not given up a sack. didnt u say u werent gonna post anymore? yea how long did that last? Its ok to be dissapointed in not being mentioned on this list, its not OK to bash someone who made it ahead of u.
Sean

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:49 pm

p.s.
If it was MY pick, you would be there based on ur performance and I would probly leave off #34 or Mackiewwetz who I think is great but is clearly to ugly to be on anyones all star team. Also Sean Cummins Is their best D lineman.
thx again

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty mike

Post by Baller Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:55 pm

Mike you probably didnt get picked due to 6 of your sacks came when you played the weak Dolphins. No to mention those sacks werent even on the QB trying to throw but rather running.

Sean you would be my pick is we had a Special Olympics team. LOL

Baller

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 2:05 pm

u got a jersey number?

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty Easy Mike

Post by Giants34 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 2:26 pm

Mike

There is alot more to a game than sacks, Its about playing a position, forcing a QB to rush his throws,prevent a running QB from running. I could care if I have been mentioned or not but I will put up my talent and resume with yours anyday / and I like you a great deal my friend. If you understood our D-fensive philosophy you may understand. We could also ask those who block us who they would rather face. Also keep in mind the term stats mean nothing. How many times in the NFL does a QB throw for 400 yds and 25 of 37 and 3 TD only to loose the game. Congrats on your sacks but make them in huge games that change the complexion of the game. As someone said against a running QB /etc they really are not sacks, i e a draw at the line of scrimmage. Collapse the pocket etc.. I will gladly bow out of any discussions and you could have the spot. I am quite comfortable with my abilities. As a member of the Giants DL we could care less about sack etc What matters to us is turnovers, points against, wins etc.. Point being is Hollywood and I played 9 plays a few games ago. Why? We had 2 picks and 3 / 3 and outs. Not much of a chance for stats but ho cares. We dominated. You just inspired me to shoot the juice for tomorrows game. Oh and I recall last week you said you wanted to watch me to learn some moves and how to play the position, I guess your respect for me was short lived. HAHAHAHAHA just playing.

Later Mueller

Giants34

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty Sean

Post by Giants34 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 2:30 pm

Surprise the league putz would leave me off haha. Nice number 19. I guess giving me the finger 4 times was not enough dirt in the eyes. hahahahah.

Giants34

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty DL Picks

Post by Giants34 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 2:45 pm

Actually my choices would be Howie (he has done it year in and year out) he makes plays at big times and contributes all over the field. He has 1st step explosiveness and great overall speed to track plays down from behind. If you actually watch him play he is also physical for a speed rusher. Second choice would be Hollywood for the Giants. He always makes plays and is one of the tougher players to block 1 on 1. He is someone teams look to avoid during when they play the Giants. My other 2 choices would be 51 for Eagles. Physical and technical rusher. He is one of the few DL that incorporates actual technique (coached technique). He hustles and is a physical player

One player I would add is Pete Harding. Despite playing numerous positions and being hurt, when healthy he is one of the better rushers in the league. In my opinion no one makes it as a pick based on 5 good games. Just like all sports you usually get recognized 1 or 2 years after success. Despite some of these players having limited sacks due to scheme, injury, playing time etc....I would take them over a number of DL with better stats.

Just my opinion

Mueller

Giants34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike#4 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:03 pm

Where should I start 1st sean dude f__k you you suck you shitty I actually thought you were good by how u always have something to say until i actually watched u ball you useless no sacks no pressure just penelties im done with you next up baller who are you dos it matter that six sacks came from the dolphins they do play every week right? I am the only play to sack them 6 times who they played right u say that like they give up six sacks to 1 player everyweek sack is a sack no matter how u got them so that makes u irrelevent kiss my ass im done with you to oh by the way get off my dick I dont even knw you now last but not least my man mueller whts up buddy how ya doin now u knw i got nothing but love for you you told me u play a strategic game and all that I didnt knock you all I was sayin was I dont get credit my respect aint short lived i always respected you and still do nothin changed i didnt single you out i was just sayin and you and everybody else knows those picks are bullshit straight up i mean if you made those picks seriously I wouldnt b up there? there is no game film why keep stats if all yall believe they dont mean nothing thts bullshit and you knw it bro give credit when credit is due why boys hatin!?(not you) im jus sayin some names are up there cause boys like cock riding im being straight up damn dog put your talent and resume against mines foreal i mean you been playin this alot longer than me but i tell you what after all the shitty teams ive been on I always got mines always brought it u or nobody else gone sit here and lie and say when i line up they aint make sure to knw where i was im done i gotta go to wrk but ill b back oh and Muel I still want to be in your conditioning program to get ready for nationals idk why u put that up there recallin like u pullin my card i reached and ask for your help and i was ashamed no i want to be the best look at me im doin all this OUTTA SHAPE DUDE YALL WORKIN OUT AND JUICING N SHIT IM EATIN CHICKEN WINGS AND fUKN so stop it wait til i be in shape then its really on! holla at me HATERS LOL

Last edited by Mike#4 on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mike#4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike#4 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:05 pm

DUDE U TALKIN BOUT THE PAST THIS AINT A GREATEST OF ALL TIME OR WHAT U DID BACK IN THE DAY LIST THIS IS A MID SEASON THIS YEAR 2010 LIST SO f__k ALL THOSE PPL U JUST NAMED

Mike#4

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:18 pm

to bad we arent playing each other this year Mike. You personally attack me, that fine. Its good to know what you really think superstar.

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty Thanks Mueller

Post by hlywd7 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:24 pm

Giants34 wrote:Actually my choices would be Howie (he has done it year in and year out) he makes plays at big times and contributes all over the field. He has 1st step explosiveness and great overall speed to track plays down from behind. If you actually watch him play he is also physical for a speed rusher. Second choice would be Hollywood for the Giants. He always makes plays and is one of the tougher players to block 1 on 1. He is someone teams look to avoid during when they play the Giants. My other 2 choices would be 51 for Eagles. Physical and technical rusher. He is one of the few DL that incorporates actual technique (coached technique). He hustles and is a physical player

One player I would add is Pete Harding. Despite playing numerous positions and being hurt, when healthy he is one of the better rushers in the league. In my opinion no one makes it as a pick based on 5 good games. Just like all sports you usually get recognized 1 or 2 years after success. Despite some of these players having limited sacks due to scheme, injury, playing time etc....I would take them over a number of DL with better stats.

Just my opinion

Mueller

You always give me props and it is much appreciated. Your the main reason Im still a Giant, and everything you predicted came true. I think this year has been a tough stat year for are Dline due to the fact that we didnt play the 2nd half in two of the 5 games, are depth which is a good thing, just not getting enough plays, and Qbs would rather throw it away or pics than take a sack - lol . But I wouldnt trade that for being 5- 0 for a second.

I think you deserve to be up there in Bookies midseason allstar team . You cant have the best defense in the league and not have at least 1 representitve from the Defensive Line. Mike deseves it with all his sacks but I would have just picked 4 rushers. Whats funny to me , is dudes are getting worked up , in responding to a annonoymus poster about who he thinks the mid season all stars should be. For all we know could this could be some 12 year old kid or Sean lol.

hlywd7

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:30 pm

doh!

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by dbish2 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:32 pm

Good Point hlywd7..It would actually mean something if it was voted on by the players..as in a ballad ..not some bullshit poll where the same person can go vote every day..I think we have 1 of the best lines in the league... For not 1 of are guards or BB to be mention is bullshit..But who cares like #34 said its only someone's oppinion & its still a 2nd half of football to be played..Ill take 5-0 over sacks anyday too... O yea Sean yall lucky we donyt play yall

dbish2

Back to top Go down

Post by hlywd7 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:48 pm

Never thought I be saying this but thanks Dbish, lol.

I think the best compliment you can get is the guy your up against says you got me there , good move, or something to that effect. I know I always tell the guy if he gets me on a play, great block, or im not gonna use that move again. LOL

My idea
A true allstar ballot should be given to say 10 players from each team that know and follow the league with the following criteria;

1. Cant vote for a guy on your own team
2. Be voted on during the 1st week of playoffs
3. Playoff teams can get a max of 6 guys, non playoff teams max of 3 ( or whatever the numbers do to make the team work)
4. Be voted on 2010 season and not prior seasons.
5. If a game is really going to be played, a 1st and 2nd team should be voted on. I know from tackle allstar games, not everyone shows up.

hlywd7

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty Mike /My Man

Post by Giants34 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:50 pm

Dude I wish you caught on to the sarcasm of parts of my post. Yes you are playing great. Yes I would take you on my team. I just think a guy like Howie or Hollywood demand a double team and can change agame themselves. I will get you ready for nationals. Oh by the way I eat wings and have played for a entire year on a fully torn ACL. lol

Giants34

Back to top Go down

Post by canes#23 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 4:11 pm

Giants34 any advise on a good knee brace for something like that something i can still makes cuts in. My knee is popping in and out so i figured i can wait till the season is over then fix it but any info you got i can use thanks

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty ACL

Post by Giants34 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 4:18 pm

Well I have torn both of them. I had my right repaired 4 years ago and do not use a brace. I tore the left last year and decided at 37 to wait to have it repaired. In the interim my surgeon prescribed me a custom Don-Joy ACL/PCL brace. You will need a prescription for the custom if you want insurance to cover some of the cost. They will measure you in 5 places etc.. Here is the negative, I used it for a few months and saif f--k it and have had no problems at all. It was confirmed 100% tear through arthroscopy. The problem with the Brace is it really provides little support for your ACL. I just wanted to protect my PCL /MCL and meniscus. Talk to me at the field and you can try mine just to get an idea while waliking etc if you think it will provide you support. You sure its your ACL? If you need a good surgeon etc also talk to me.

Later

Mueller Giants34

Giants34

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty MID SEASON

Post by BIG FOXX Fri 04 Jun 2010, 5:00 pm

THE DOLPHINS MAY NOT BE WINNING BUT PETE GOTEL WHO PLAYS LB FOR US DESERVES TO BE MENTIONED THATS JUST MY OPINION

BIG FOXX

Back to top Go down

Post by canes#23 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 5:14 pm

most def mueller im not sure what it is but when it does pop out its the back of my knee that the pain is in r game is at 10 i should be there around 9 or so. I will look for you thanks again

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty Mike#4

Post by Danny Fri 04 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

Mike, why are you talking sh*t on Jason of all people? I understand you being mad about not being on some mid season fictional award thing but what does that have to do with Jason or Sean for that matter? Jason is a damn good blocker and i think he definitely deserves some recognition. You want to be mad at the bookie go for it, give Jason some credit tho. Im not trying to start anything, I just dont get why you brought him into it. i figured you and him were cool, maybe i was wrong. i dont care that you think your guys should be on the list, but dont talk sh*t about a hard nosed player that gives it his all week in and week out.

Danny
Killswitch

Danny

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 8:44 pm

Never said anything 'bout u Bish. Its cool though, I'm all done with this. Good luck this week superstar.
Sean

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Mid-Season Awards Empty ?

Post by Odie Fri 04 Jun 2010, 11:44 pm

I like the picks at WR...but I believed you left someone out.....

Odie

Back to top Go down

Post by dbish2 Sat 05 Jun 2010, 12:23 am

Sean I didn't say u said u sumn about me.. I didn't say nutn bout you... I f___s wit you.. You know why I wanna play yall.. but ok danny way to stick up 4 my boy Jay.. That mustv tuched a nerve or sumn.... Cause u don't say much.. I know our football partnership ended on a bad note.. but yall still alright wit me

dbish2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next