Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8

5 posters

Go down

Week 8 Empty Week 8

Post by TheGreek Mon 21 Jun 2010, 1:13 pm

What's going on here! 7 games this week. It's going to be a long day for a couple of teams. First off let me just say it was nice hearing the Yankee salute include yours truly. It's all good. Don't mistake my comments for not liking you guys. Lot of you guys I'm cool with and respect. Keith your defense still sucks dog. You just played the worst offensive unit in the league. Don't pound your chest too hard son.

Buccaneers vs Killswitch
Well the first victim of the day will be Killswitch. Although they are playing better defense they still will not have a chance to win this game. It would be nice to see Killswitch get it together on both sides of the ball. The offense has improved greatly from last season. However, the execution lately just hasn't been there. What I really want to know is Mason going to be there for both games. The Buccs play two games. Is it worth it for him to make it to both games or maybe just 1 or for any? Even if he doesn't show up at all this week you can credit 2 wins for the Buccs.

Broncos vs Irish
The Irish guys need to show up and play like they want to win. Last week the Irish fought a good battle against the Canes. It wasn't enough though. The Broncos are improving weekly. They seem to be learning and gelling quite well. Anyone see that vicious hit last week that Hitman dished out? They have 2 young QB's and they compliment eachother well. One has a good arm. The other is very illusive and depends on his feet more than his arm. That's not a bad thing. You just need to coach that properly and utilize those skills at the right time.

Dolphins vs Ballers
The Ballers need a win. They need a confidence booster. This will be a good week for them to turn things around on offense. The defense is holding this team together. The Dolphins seem to be improving as well. They are a young team. If they allow Turk to have some time and not rush his throws you might see a little more production. I feel like I keep repeating myself with my comments on these 2 teams. It's all a matter of getting the basics worked on. Blocking, good timing and CATCHING the ball. The Ballers should come out victorious. To be considered in the top tier the Ballers really need a convincing win.

Giants vs Eagles
This one is going to be a huge game for both these teams. After this week we'll no longer have 2 teams undefeated; the battle of the unbeaten teams. There are some very important factors that surround this game. Factor one = will Bobby Wes play? If not the Giants lose. Factor two = Can the Eagles get out played in the physical game? The Giants really bring it. They battle hard and everyone on that team seems to like to hit. If the Giants can smack them in the face and keep coming the Eagles lose. Will Loncar show up and play this game? I think if you put Loncar at QB over Alex if Bobby doesn't show the Giants win. Something tells me Loncar shows. Will the Parisi brothers (probably the most physical players on the team) be present? If not the Eagles might take advantage of that. Too many factors for me to be convinced to say who will win. I'm undecided on this one. It's going to be a battle!

Hurricanes vs R.I.P. Ent
R.I.P. has been down lately. Can they manage to figure out what is going on? Maybe piss them off a little: Hey Odie, that red headed dude Keith said you suck! He also said that you better tell Reese not to throw the ball to you because he's planning on schooling ya'll. Dude said you suck Odie; what's up with that! LoL! The R.I.P. defense has been pretty solid with the exception of this past week. I believe they can manage to turn things around. This will be a good week for them to get things together. R.I.P will be victorious.

Yankees vs Steel Curtain
Wow. Get ready for this game. This game should be a very intense game. There will be a ton of smack talk all game. There are some ex-yankees playing for the Curtain. This can be very interesting. The determining factor for this one will probably be which guy will be able to out run the other. Bobby vs Tony. That is really what this is all about. The Curtain has to start game planning around Bobby's skills. The success lies in your running abilities. However, Bobby you should be throwing that ball every day this week in practice. Forget about running just practice your throwing. Balance it out some because you know they will be ready for you when you run. I'm going to say the Yankees being a little more balanced will come out victorious.

Buccaneers vs Dolphins
Second victim of the day. The Dolphins 1st game may determine how well the 2nd game goes. If they get beat up bad in the first game against the Ballers you might see some of them lose interest for this 2nd game. The Buccs should be used to this. This is what they do out of town in tourneys. The Buccs will win this game and there should be no reason why they wouldn't. The Phins are way too young to compete agains the Buccs.

That's it. Have a great week. Get ready for a long game day this week!

The Greek farao

TheGreek

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Empty Re: Week 8

Post by canes#23 Mon 21 Jun 2010, 1:45 pm

Greek you funny as hell aint nobody been pounded there chest here shit im happy just to get a win all i said was it takes more than 1 to win a game. I like how you put words in my mouth about Odie good shit. But on the real i started thinking of the match-up with him right after our game ended and as far as it goes you can ask anybody i come to play every week and i dont care who is across from me. As for the game last week the irish played everyone tough so far so yes i am proud of what our O did they showed up to play. So do me a favor stop swinging from my dick more than my nuts do.

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Post by dbish2 Mon 21 Jun 2010, 2:56 pm

HEY GREEK(in my Shaq voice) Tell me how that Yankee ass taste....lmYao

dbish2

Back to top Go down

Post by hlywd7 Tue 22 Jun 2010, 12:29 pm

Greek,

You always give good insight and you definetly know your stuff, but I have to disagree with you saying that if Wesolek doesnt show the Giants lose.

Yes I would prefer if Wesolek showed , but Alex will hold his own and hes always good for 2 Tds a game. If you look at the points against the Giants , its 16 points and 7 of those were on a INT return. So do the math ( 7 games 9 points against ) , the Eagles will have a tough time scoring.

Should be a great matchup, hopefully both teams come fully loaded but Im guessing with the Macker tournament and Semi pro games, both teams will be shorthanded.

hlywd7

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreek Tue 22 Jun 2010, 1:30 pm

Hollywood,

Funny you mention the stats. I was looking at that this morning. You have the first ranked offense going up against the first ranked defense. Me I'll go with the first ranked defense any week! Especially one as physical as the G-Men.

Now as far as Alex goes I'm still not sold on him. Reason is because he's not a good short to mid field thrower. His accuracy is not that great short to mid field. Sometimes you wonder why he can't get the ball to the receiver. Were you there when he couldn't get it to the receiver on a standup screen? However, the one good thing is and B J might want to take note on this, he is a good downfield thrower. If you can manage to get him time he can attack downfield easily. Everyone says the Eagles CB's hurt them each game. Well, see if that's the case this week. Go long right off the bat and see what production you get out off it. I hope that makes sense.

Well now that I'm replying which I normally stay away from doing that I can't help but to say a few words to Bish & Keith. First off Bish, dude why my opinion hurt you so much? Just prove me wrong when I go against ya'll and it's all good. Keith, you seem to be a wanna be but can't be so just stop.

Not trying to disrespect anyone but down fellas. Don't take this shit so serious. It's not. It's only to generate some chatter.

Late!

TheGreek

Back to top Go down

Post by dbish2 Tue 22 Jun 2010, 1:53 pm

Actually it was u that made it personal..by giving your personal opinion on what u wanted to happen...So It didnt hurt me by what u said..But it prob Hurt you to see our pittful team put up a shut out..lmYao..Keep doin what you doin..It dont bother me @ all...This is what the board is suppose to be about

dbish2

Back to top Go down

Post by canes#23 Tue 22 Jun 2010, 6:44 pm

A wanna be what please tell me cause im me regardless of what you think. This is how i am and always will be i tell it like it is. All though i respect your opinion, when you go out of your way to put my name in your shit i will respond every time so as far as being a wanna be what am i trying to be. But yet you on here week in and week out picking games like you work in vegas so really who is the wanna be not me. You wanna generate some chatter you did good job way to go but to bad you directed it to yourself. So maybe you shoud not take it personal either and come at people. You should respect our responses like we respect your postings week to week.Bottom line is if you cant take dont dish it.

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy Tue 22 Jun 2010, 6:50 pm

Greek do ya homework. Leave this stuff to book. Ya wrong in every post, all the games, disappear man. u can't even get Da game of the wk right. Eagle dbs are different every game. Clint been back for last 2. I bet bookdawg new dat. Amateur. Go back and do better 4 every game. NOW Rookie

jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon guy Wed 23 Jun 2010, 12:03 am

My prediction...Same shit, different jersey.. LMAO Week 8 Rock1 Get over there LB..Week 8 Rock3

Anon guy

Back to top Go down

Post by slim#9 Wed 23 Jun 2010, 3:37 am

Buccaneers vs Killswitch
bucs by 20 points

Broncos vs Irish
broncos will be at the irish by 12, irish #1 WR is over rated and if you dont blow any coverages he wont get nothing but quick slants!

Dolphins vs Ballers
i believe the dolphins will pull this one out

Giants vs Eagles
i say the eagles! the eagles will play more physical than the giants n can n will beat them in their own game, but the eagles are more clean n physical players! the giants are dirty phyiscal players but they get the job done so hey!

Hurricanes vs R.I.P. Ent
RIP has no chance! they only have that hudge 6'6 WR on offense but besides that they have no offense threats! they have a very fast secondary but they lack height and they play up n jump on everything so hopefully us CANES will take care of it and help make a push for that 6th spot! RIP to RIP ENT!!!!

Yankees vs Steel Curtain
steel curtain the qb is vick type nasty i havent seen the yankees play at all yet but the steel curtain looks good

Buccaneers vs Dolphins
the dolphins have no chance! bottom line

slim#9

Back to top Go down

Post by noticen24 Sun 27 Jun 2010, 1:15 pm

lmYao

orlando real estate
cheap mbt shoes

noticen24

Back to top Go down