Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Lines

2 posters

Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Week 8 Lines

Post by Bookie Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:06 pm

Killswitch vs Bucs (-22) o/u 22
Its true Killswitch didn't get blown out as bad as the score indicated last week, but they still managed to find a way to lose at the end of the game. The Bucs easily handled the Broncos last week and I think have another easy week here. They seem to be getter stronger as the year progresses and are back to being their dominating selves. If Killswitch could get the same players to consistently show up they would be a legitimate playoff team, but it seems alot of their players aren't very dedicated. The Bucs score early and coast to an easy win in this one.

Broncos vs Irish (+6) o/u 27
I was pretty disappointed in the Irish D last week, they let the Canes march down on them. They have another shot at a win this week but I think the Broncos pull this one out. They were dominated against the Bucs but had flashes where they looked good. With more time to throw, I think Dathan can eat up the Irish. The Irish need to retool for next year if they plan on ever finishing above .500 in this league.

Dolphins vs Ballers (-14) o/u 28
Earlier in the year I thought the Ballers had some decent plays but it really just looks like they draw them out in the huddle. Not good enough to beat a team like the Giants, but good enough against the Dolphins. I think if the Ballers QB has time he will find open receivers eventually, and so they take this game. Turk in a good QB with a strong arm, but his line struggles against rushers with even a little speed. The Ballers should take this one and should be able to score quite a few points.

Giants vs Eagles (-3) o/u 19
Obviously the game of the week, this one should be a great battle. I think the Eagles can take this even if Wes takes the field. They had two spirited battles in the tourney which they split. They know each other well so it will come down to execution as to who wins. Last week the Eagles didn't execute well, they had big drops and things like that will kill you against the Giants. I think they find their focus in this game and pull it out with help from Dusty. It will be a hard fought battle, but if the Eagles normal D line shows up, I they take this one. If its true that Loncar will show up to play QB for the Giants I think it hurts them. In my opinion they are better off with Alex playing. Loncar can’t play in a system, he does his own thing, which doesnt work with what the Giants do.

Hurricanes vs RIP (-6) o/u 18
RIP is pretty much out of the playoffs so now they are playing for pride, which I think they have a lot of. The Hurricanes won last week and are very proud of themselves, but they haven’t really come close to beating a legitimate contender. Though RIP is struggling I think they have the defense to win this game. For some reason Slim#9 decided to antagonize RIP, a bad decision in my opinion. RIP does have aggressive defensive backs but I don’t think the Canes have a QB who can thread the needle to beat them. The trash talk motivates RIP and I see them winning this one with a shut out.

Yankees vs Steel Curtain (+7) o/u 22
If you like trash talking this is the game for you. I think there will be a lot of emotion on both sidelines so whoever gets up early will probably take the game easily. I see the Yankees going on the board first and using their emotion to take this game. Bobby from Steel Curtain is probably the most elusive QB in the league but I think the Yankees can keep him from hurting them. We will see how good Mike#4 is because if you don’t contain Bobby you will make life miserable for your linebackers. If Tony spies Bobby it’s a shutout, if he doesn’t Steel Curtain will score one, maybe two, but I think the Yanks still take it. We will see if ap#29 is as good as he thinks. If you can shut down Tony you’re for real.

Bucs vs Dolphins (+26) o/u 26
Game 2 for the Bucs should be another blowout. The Dolphins have times where they look good and I like Turk at QB, they just are too inexperienced to take this one. I think coach Abrams is doing a great job getting his youth experience and he has put them in even when they may have had a chance to win the game with their veterans. I think that will pay dividends in a couple years. Mason will probably score at will here, but hopefully the Dolphins will take it as a learning experience and keep playing until the final whistle. Bucs by a lot.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Re: Week 8 Lines

Post by canes#23 Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:47 pm

Bookie by contender you mean the top 3 teams right who has come close. As far as RIP i dont think they are out of the playoff yet like all of us going after that 6 spot we all need help RIP included. A lot depends on the ruling from scott and floyd with the steelers also. So mathmaticly i think they are still in the hunt. As for us CANES we will take a win however and whenever we can get it as long as its on the field, and we will be proud of it and now that we have figured out where everybody needs to play we just have to work from there. As for our QB threading the needle does he realy have to have you seen him run. I know stats aint there but i also dont think you are giving him enough credit for what he can do with time and in situations. He was huge in our victory last week can we get some kind of credit. I just hope RIP dont lose people to the macker and use that as an excuse if they lose because we wont

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Post by phil45 Thu 24 Jun 2010, 4:40 pm

In our (Cane's) defense...

Look at the teams we have beat, and the teams we have lost to. Seems to me RIP fits right in the same category with the teams we have beat. They have lost to the same teams we have, by about the same amount of points. But CLEARLY RIP is so much better than the Canes. BLAH

And damn right were proud of our win last week. If you actually saw the game, and did anything more than look at the final scores, you would see we DOMINATED that game vs the Irish. If it werent for a missed 4th and goal on the 5, and the ONE decent offensive play they had the entire game where we got our coverage mixed up and noah walked in a long TD, Irish lose 18-0.

So sit behind the keyboard, and keep pretending to know what your talking about.

See yal saturday

phil45

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty sorry

Post by dmadd Thu 24 Jun 2010, 5:06 pm

sorry bookie, i wont be there this weekend, i have other obligations that were made prior to me playing football. I wish my boys luck against the irish.

Dathan

dmadd

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:56 pm

cory will have to handle it.

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Adjusted Line

Post by Bookie Fri 25 Jun 2010, 11:10 am

Based on information from Dathan the line for the Broncos game has changed.
Broncos vs Irish (+3) o/u 24
Dathan adds good leadership and skill so he will be missed. The Broncos have a good coach though and I think their mobile QB will be able to win this one. The Irish struggle against running QB's.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DATRUTH Fri 25 Jun 2010, 11:18 am

The Irish struggle against everyone, lol

DATRUTH

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 25 Jun 2010, 12:10 pm

the greek and the book finally disagree? I think coach Garnett has these fellas moving in the right direction. I even think he knows the offense a little bit better than he gets cred for.

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down