Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please...

+5
K/S#19
Scott Lanzerio
Eagle #2
The CEO
BJ32
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please...

Post by BJ32 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:53 pm

What buffalo teams are going to enter this weekend's buffalo tournament??? If it is just the Giants, Bucs, Eagles and Yankees it does not make much sense..at least 8 teams is necessary to justify the entrance fee...we have until wed and with 12 teams in the league, 8 should be no problem...some teams could even combine, good experience for newer teams but please respond so we can all get on the same page, thanks...BJ#32

BJ32

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Re: weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please...

Post by Rob Sun 06 Jun 2010, 8:18 pm

Hurricanes won't be participating in the tourney this weekend.

Rob

Rob

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Re: weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please...

Post by Danny Sun 06 Jun 2010, 9:53 pm

Killswitch is in. One question though, if its one day only tournament are they cutting the price in half? I think they did last year.

Danny

Danny

Back to top Go down

Post by The CEO Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:59 am

Last year I believe they was still trying 2 go w/ the whole 400, That's y we didn't play...

There won't b 8 teams... 2short notice, tourney kinda popped up on alot of people...

The CEO

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle #2 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 1:59 am

Everyone knew about the tourney from last yr. And the team mtgs before the season, and all the talk about it from the pittsburg fallout. They did charge the full $400 but credited us back at nationals. Thats what they did for states at least.

Eagle #2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Lanzerio Mon 07 Jun 2010, 10:13 am

Tony ..

Short notice? I will agree that it really popped up on me quickly. But it wasn't because of short notice. Everything is going very fast this year for some reason.

Clint is correct in that guys should have known about this tournament since last year. This will be an annual tournament in Buffalo around the same weekend. It has been on the USFTL Tournament Schedule since it was published. We've discussed it at length in our meetings.

Understandably money is tight but let's not blame this on short notice. Any team that travels should be participating in this tournament. It doesn't look good at all to the USFTL "nation" that we can't get our local teams to participate. If you haven't seen it already the Pitt Major will be in Pitt next year. Not in Buffalo. So this tourney will be our only opportunity to represent Buffalo.

Peace ~ Scott

Scott Lanzerio

Back to top Go down

Post by The CEO Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:10 pm

Don't jump down my throat Scott, Eagle #2, bad choice of words! Lol, the year is flying by so it popped up on me and probaly everyone else, but honestly I feel like they owe us as a city anyway us fielding that tournament for them helped out a significant amount and since there is no Major tournament in the month of June next year we should request a June Major in Buffalo The Queen City Cup, Bull City Bowl?? Shit yall get a name but if we had a Major here i think people would come, just my opinion, jump on that fellas but this summer NIT not going far this year.... They should atleast give us a try in June 2011 and if it flop discontinue it....

The CEO

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:13 pm

actually Scott the Pitt tourny is gonna be in Dubois PA, which is quite some distance from PItt. Its a shame bcuz I love Pitt's nitelife and great restaraunts. Last year I went to PNC park 4 a Pirates game the nite b4 the tourny. I wouldnt be surprised if they moved the tourny back to Buffalo nxt year or somewhere else. Teams from the ohio area are already on the USFTL site complaining about the Dubois location. It seems the USFTL just really wants to attract those DC/maryland teams to that tourny. I think if buffalo was the announced location months in advance they could easily double the amount of teams we had this year, but what do I know, ? I'm just the league putz.
thx
Sean

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ32 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:19 pm

The Giants want to enter and I agree we have had plenty of time to plan for this, the issue is getting teams other than buffalo teams to play..while we have no control over that, the teams from buffalo have to make it work first and having 4 play isnt the start..I completely agree with Scott on those points...thats why i am asking what buffalo teams will enter??? plus if other players want to play they can join up with the teams that do enter..wed is the deadline and i can say that if 5 other teams (6 total) are not entered, the giants will probably not enter...eagles,bucs,giants, killswitch all in so far so 2 more need to step up....

BJ32

Back to top Go down

Post by FORD Mon 07 Jun 2010, 4:53 pm

if the tourny is only 6 teams is it going to be a one day?

FORD

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty tourney

Post by Bear 55 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 5:52 pm

I agree it sucks if its 4 or 5 teams, it is hard to justify $390 bucks for minimal ranking points and to just beat on each other all weekend with no out of town comp. I don't see any out of town teams saying they are coming on USFTL site. That being said I agree with Scott and we need to participate for the sake of Buffalo not looking shitty to USFTL for future events. Eagles are in but if it's going to be only 3 or 4 teams I just don't see the point in holding it? If we have it we will play. As small as any local tourney in ohio is there are always at least 8 teams as BJ mentioned which gets you decent points and at least a half paid bid for orlando etc... One day tourney at a discounted price may be better but thats up to USFTL I guess. Gary, Floyd or someone that knows the folks at the office better than me can maybe shed some light on the situation.

Bear

Bear 55

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Tourney

Post by Commish Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:31 pm

Fella's you all have made valid points but the fact of the matter is no matter the number of teams we have to go forth, for Buffalos sake in the flag football community.Yes pittsburge may be back in PA but how are we ever to have a major if we dont patronize our own tourneys. Thats whats looked at when decideing wheather to award a major or not, mayself and my staff have worked very hard to set us up for a major and if we dont participate in our own we certainly wont be awarded one. U have to look at the totality of the situation we are set up for this to become a major in june in possibility 2011 so dont give the powers that b something to say by us haveing to cancel, look at the bigger picture

Thanks
D.Floyd the Commish

Commish

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Floyd

Post by Bear 55 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 7:29 pm

Enough said my man, we are in no matter what.

Bear
Eagles

Bear 55

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ32 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 9:08 pm

Commish....I agree we need to represent our fine city, but with 6 teams or less they have to think about meeting the teams half way...discount the fee and go one day and be done by 2 or 3pm like a regular week of league play...since you are the voice of buffalo with the usftl, they should see that too...you are going to run into the same thing as the nys tournament will every year..the four or five travel teams want to play and have it take place for points and bids for nationals...but how do you get the rest of these local teams into the mix?? Good luck and keep us all posted with updates...thanks BJ#32

BJ32

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle #2 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 9:47 pm

Thats a bold statement bear. We cant make that right now. Im all for representing buffalo in flag but its gotta make sense for team. Dont wanna make false promises because most ppl feel the same way as your initial post. We've gotta get more teams than the usual 4 or 5. It looks bad regardless. I think the raiders made 6 last yr. $425 for 120 or so points for the win just isnt ideal. Sorry but its true.

Eagle #2

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty play

Post by dmadd Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

Ill play if anybody needs an extra player. Dont care what position i play

dmadd25

dmadd

Back to top Go down

Post by Baller#3 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:36 pm

Dmadd The Ballers may need your talents for this weekend if your interested call or text 7169865364

Baller#3

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Really?

Post by Bear 55 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:55 pm

Is your phone broke hawk? Don't talk to me on here call me bro.

Bear

ps. Eagles are in

Bear 55

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 7:42 am

dathan,
gimme a call if u wanna play with Killswitch. 602-7141
Sean

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Danny Killswitch

Post by Scott Lanzerio Tue 08 Jun 2010, 9:26 am

Hey Danny ..

I just gave Sean Eric Kegler's phone #. He wants to play with you guys this weekend.

Thank you, Scott

Scott Lanzerio

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ32 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

so i am seeing the bucs, eagles, killswitch, ballers, giants at this point?? yankees would make six..just throwing that out there!! steel curtain?? rip?? any word from usftl on going one day?? discounted fee?? thanks commish and scott for your efforts on this...goodl uck and keep us posted on the progress...tomorrow is teh deadline and i will be in rochester so please email or text me 912-3232 so i can get back to natalie...over...BJ#32

BJ32

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Update

Post by Bear 55 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 1:10 pm

Well I slept on it an actually Eagle#2 is right. Until
we have more details on tourney I can't commit us to
it 100%. I just felt bad for Scott and Floyd
because they do so much for buffalo football and get
so little in return. We want to play and we have plenty
of players but if it doesn't make sense for us financially
etc then we won't play. Hopefully some teams will step
up and we can do this thing. Thanks for being the voice of
reason hawk you know I react too fast to things lol!!

Bear

Bear 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Buccs Tue 08 Jun 2010, 3:14 pm

The Buccs feel the same way to $420 only 6 teams!!! we will wait and see how many teams will
get in.

Buccs

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ32 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 3:22 pm

food for thought??? if the interest in paying $400 for a weekend is a tough sell...could we just get the 4 or 5 teams together, pay the refs what they would have made for a tourny (i think slightly less than what we pay for league), each team throw in $100 or so and play for cash 2nd place gets money back winner takes the rest...all done from sat 8am til 3pm and have some fun after with all the players still there?? go blind draw or seed by points, double elim and have a june party right there at the fields?? BJ#32

BJ32

Back to top Go down

weekend tournament - team reps n captains respond please... Empty Tourney

Post by Giants34 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

BJ, I like your idea but I would rather rest and spend time with family if we have no sanctioned tourney. Winning 500 dollars amongst the whole team does not intrigue me. I have a few injuries that could use the time to heal for the stretch run. I also am free for the morning so lets just tee it up at like 700am if no football. lol

Mueller34

Giants34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next