Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PITT TOURNEY

3 posters

Go down

PITT TOURNEY Empty PITT TOURNEY

Post by INFO MAN Mon 29 Mar 2010, 3:37 pm

WHAT is going on with PITT tourney. Is it on or off ???????????

INFO MAN

Back to top Go down

PITT TOURNEY Empty From USFTL Website

Post by Pitt Mon 29 Mar 2010, 6:00 pm

Fields for Pittsburgh "Steel City Cup" MAJOR NIT - April 17 & 18

Below are the 3 field locations for the 2010 USFTL Pittsburgh, PA "Steel City Cup" MAJOR NIT on April 17th & 18. Hotel information will be posted shortly.

Chadwick Park
Oberlin St - In the 1500 Block
Pittsburgh, PA 15206

Fort Pitt School
5101 Hillcrest St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224

Homewood Field (Willie Stargell Field)
Hamilton Ave (address will be posted shortly)
(Homewood – Out Hamilton Avenue to Lang Avenue. Across from Westinghouse Plant behind Homewood School)

Pitt

Back to top Go down

PITT TOURNEY Empty Field Area

Post by Concrnd Tue 30 Mar 2010, 10:25 am

Heard by numerous posts that the fields are in the ghetto.

EG
Re: Pittsburgh Location
Posted by Agreed on 3/30/2010, 8:35 am, in reply to "Pittsburgh Location"

Def agree. Its typical of usftl to produce a product that continues to be more about money and less about quality. Its just plain common sense to not attend this event if you care at all about what part of the world your in. Maybe its not the worst place in the world but let's be real here , we go to these tourneys to enjoy ourselves and play football and have a good time. How much of that can be had when your looking over your shoulder every step you take because of the neighborhood your in. Maybe I'm alone on this or in the minority but attending a Major or any tournament for that matter isn't worth putting myself in a place like that. If the risk highly outweighs the reward why risk it ? As much as I was looking forward to this tourney I can say this with as much dissappointment , I will not be attending this event because of the location.

Is this true? I dont know if I want to go now. Its not worth getting shot.........

Concrnd

Back to top Go down

PITT TOURNEY Empty Safety

Post by Pitt Tue 30 Mar 2010, 12:55 pm

While it may not be in the best neighborhood, its not the wild west. People are not going to open fire for no reason, no one is going to march into the middle of a football tournament and start robbing people. Many people could say the WNYFFL is not in the best area too but nothing has ever happened to my knowledge. I personally do not think that the neighborhood is a reason not to attend.

If you are that concerned take a look at the spotcrime.com website, type in a field address and see what crime has happened in the area.

True, not the best neighborhood, but its not a warzone with daily shootings.

Pitt

Back to top Go down

PITT TOURNEY Empty Re: PITT TOURNEY

Post by K/S#19 Tue 30 Mar 2010, 9:21 pm

If you go to the usftl msg board it seems to be that some teams are pulling out of the tourny because of the location. I have no idea if Homewood is safer or more dangerous than the lower sout east side or whatever you would call the JFK field. I do know that it is causing some concern as far as safety so it must be pretty bad. I guess its up to the individual.
Sean

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by CONCERND Wed 31 Mar 2010, 9:11 am

Re: MILLS
Posted by MILLS on 3/30/2010, 4:51 pm, in reply to "MILLS"

Source - Pittsburgh Police (412) 422-6520. Poverty area with stabbings, shootings, driveby shootings, homicides, robberies, vandalism and serious gang activity. Also, police department is having a ceremony on that Saturday to honor 3 police officers who died in the line of duty, so their services will be limited from 10:00 a.m. to at least 4:00 p.m.

It sounds like this Mills guy is a cop and wont be attending due to the field being in a sketchy place. Sounds like the cops are going to be busy on Saturday too.

CONCERND

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike4 Wed 31 Mar 2010, 10:02 am

I dnt knw what this is all about but I see an opportunity for ppl who knw ppl to step up and fight and get that major tourney here in buffalo im jus sayin we got better fields I mean theyre own nfl team, college, and high schools share the same field if im not mistakin what that tell you?

Mike4

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Lanzerio Wed 31 Mar 2010, 1:22 pm

Mike ..

Derrick really pushed hard to get this tournament here. He made countless calls and was diligent in securing fields. I believe he had everything in place it was just a matter of the USFTL accepting what we offered them. Believe me Buffalo has a lot to offer!

Derrick really made it happen. I hope he doesn't mind me bringing that out in the open. I apologize if you do. I just don't want people to think he didn't make every effort in getting this tournament moved here.

Those of you going can start lobbying then to get this Major NIT moved here next year. Buffalo would be a great host city for a Major NIT.

Peace ~ Scott

Scott Lanzerio

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ32 Thu 01 Apr 2010, 12:45 pm

The Pitt tourny is taking place and there is some concern over the fields according to the usftl board...i spoke with a client of mine who is from Buffalo and is a professor at the univ of pitt which is about 10 minutes from all 3 fields they spoke of, he told me the neighborhoods are not the greatest, but by no means should we be in the middle of crossfire...we figured playing at buff state, ub rotary and our current jfk field on the east side border are equivalent to what we might find in that area of Pitt...maybe dont park your escalade too far from the fields!!!...anyways i am looking at hotels that are away from the fields and not too far from downtown pitt...possibly have the buffalo teams stay near one another down there and then travel to and from fields together as a safety measure as well, but I hope to not find any issues down there...post some hotels other teams are considering with price and location...i have looked at a comfort inn and days inn in Harmar where we stayed 2 years ago ranging between $60-$85 per night...talk to you all soon..BJ #32

BJ32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down