Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship Line

2 posters

Go down

Championship Line Empty Championship Line

Post by Bookie Tue 27 Jul 2010, 1:57 pm

I figured I better get my line out early before any of my ungrateful brats steal my thunder.

Eagles vs Giants (+2) o/u 28
The Eagles attempt to pull off the undefeated season and capture their first real title. They have been close so many times and this is their best shot right here. The Giants were able to shock the Bucs last week, coming out strong and holding on to finish off the streaking Bucs. The biggest factor in this game will be Bobby from the Eagles, he holds the key to an Eagles win. The Giants main strategy will probably be to hit him early and hit him hard to get him off his game. Mueller and Hollywood will make it their mission to make life miserable for Bobby, its up to Bear and company to stop that from happening. If Bobby is prepared to take hit after hit and does not let them get into his head, I see the Eagles eating up a lot of clock and winning this game. If he starts yelling and arguing he will be off his game and that will be all. On defense, the Eagles need to keep mixing up their coverages and put heat on Wes. The Giants offense is deadly when Wes is comfortable. The Eagles are a team who can make him uncomfortable with their blitz packages and this will be the best way to stop the Giants offense. If Wes can step into a throw, they will be able to exploit the Eagles deep coverage thanks to weapons like Jackson and Cody. I think this is going to be a nasty game and will be very close throughout. If Bobby stays relaxed and doesn't force balls they win this one. I think he takes the hits, keeps his mouth shut, and helps the Eagles win a championship. My final pick of the season goes to the Eagles. They have the strategy and the toughness to match the Giants physicality.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Championship Line Empty Re: Championship Line

Post by TheGreek Tue 27 Jul 2010, 3:29 pm

Ok Bookie, It's time for a little debate.

Let me start out by pointing out that we both agreed last week that the Giants would lose to the Bucs. We were wrong. Whether anyone other than a Giant really wants to admit it the credit has to go to BJ. I think he does his homework and really puts it to use in the playoffs. Proof of that was last week.

BJ probably took a lot of notes from the last game these two teams met. First note let Loncar watch and put him in when he's needed. Don't mess with the chemistry of this team.

The Giants have had some success lately in clutch games. I don't see that ending here this week. They have a ton of confidence. That was evident last week even before the game started. They responded well last week in key situations where they had to hold on to the lead. They will continue that this week.

The Eagles have a grey cloud looming over them right now. Which is really unfortunate given the timing of it all. No doubt all of these guys want to win and will play to win. However, there is one catalyst, or say cancer, that will be the demise of that team. You guys can figure that out for yourselves. You can't miss it, if you look hard enough, you will know who it is.

Bobby M is a guy with a ton of confidence. I think he believes he can beat any team. This is what you want in a QB. However, he does get down and flustered for sure. Part of that has to do with his own team. Instead of rallying around him they make it worse by yelling and pointing fingers.

Bottom line is The Giants have more offensive weapons, they have a more physical defense and they have a ton of confidence that will only help them in the long run.

I'm not saying the Giants are guaranteed to win. The chances of them winning are far better than the Eagles. Past history will show you that. Yes the Eagles have a stratagy and toughness but more than 3/4 of the Eagle team never stays to see what competition they will face in the coming weeks. Most of the Giants stay and know their opponents.

This will be a great game. Don't think for one second the Giants will not be prepared mentally and physically to face the Eagles who are more than likely not going to be a team in 6 months. If they are it will not even be close to the caliber of team they have the potential to be right now.

The Greek farao

TheGreek

Back to top Go down

Post by Bookie Tue 27 Jul 2010, 5:06 pm

Well said Greek, I think you are pretty accurate with your points. This is a tough game to pick, every game between them seems to come down to the wire. I think based on their undefeated season and all star kicker, the Eagles are the favorite. That being said, if you choke and miss a last second field goal Dusty, I am going to find you and I'm going to cut off those golden locks of yours.

I agree that BJ is a great coach, so is Brian and you can't overlook Bear who is a driving factor to the Eagles strategy. In reality the strategy is a push between these two teams. They know each other well, I doubt either team will be surprised by what the other one does. I don't think it really matters that most of the Eagles don't scout the other teams. They really don't need to, they aren't playing the other teams, they are playing the Giants who they have already scouted. Plus, Brian sees all the games, he knows every team and can clue the Eagles into what they will see.

The Giants have been clutch lately, there is no denying that. They have confidence, but the Eagles are undefeated and have beaten the Giants 2 out of their last 3 meetings. I think as far as clutch play and confidence, its another push.

I don't buy into the fact that the Eagles team is on the verge of collapse. I said before the year started that it seemed the Eagles were on the decline but they proved me wrong with an undefeated season. I'm sure they will lose players this offseason, maybe they won't be able to even field a team, but they are playing for a championship and I'm sure Bear will let everyone on the team know that it doesn't matter where the team ends up next year, it only matters that they win this game. It may in fact be their last chance and winning a title. Even if players are not happy, they will give it all and leave it all on the field.

Both teams are loaded, both have a lot of weapons on offense and both play physical defense. There isn't a safety in the league that hits like DJones does and I think the Eagles defensive line is on par with the Giants. I don't see a significant edge for either team when it comes to weapons or physical play.

Ultimately, I give the edge to the Eagles because I've learned to never underestimate them. I will admit I thought they were going to get smoked by the original Irish when they played at the Fieldhouse. But they won. I thought they would never beat the Bucs, but they have. Every time I count them out they win. So I think they will surprise some people here and win.

I will take your bet on the Giants, does anyone else want to put some pride points on the line pick against the spread?

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreek Tue 27 Jul 2010, 6:36 pm

Yo Book,

You make some great points. I've felt the same as you about expecting them to not win and then all of a sudden they manage to.

One thing though - you give way too much credit to Bear. You may want to rethink that. I'm just saying. People think you are Bear. If you are I can see why you are making that point. But let me tell you if you are, don't kid yourself into believing what you just typed!

I guess only time will tell. I'm sure of one thing - it's going to be a hell of a battle!

TheGreek

Back to top Go down

Post by Bookie Tue 27 Jul 2010, 6:58 pm

I've been linked to many people, Brian, Danny, BJ, various refs, and even Bear. Some day my identity may come out, but do you really think Bear can type with those meaty paws he calls hands? I don't think so.

We've agreed most of the year but not here, I stand by my thoughts. Good luck to both teams on the field, I hope the game is as good as we anticipate it to be.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Post by hlywd7 Tue 27 Jul 2010, 7:10 pm

Giants will win. I guarantee it . LOL

hlywd7

Back to top Go down

Championship Line Empty Wow

Post by Bear 55 Tue 27 Jul 2010, 9:01 pm

I am not the bookie. I have said this before but believe what you want.
No matter what the distractions
or posts on the board This week I assure you we will
be ready to play Saturday. Maybe there's some
truth to the rumors, maybe there isn't? teams go through changes
and different players. Happens all the time.

Good luck to the giants and I look forward to another great
battle. And Greek thanks for the kind words. I only try to
do what I can to win games and keep a team together.it's
not easy to coach and play and organize shit etc...
We have had a couple of good years and definately want to
win a championship. What happens after that? Who knows?

Bear

Bear 55

Back to top Go down

Post by chawk#2 Wed 28 Jul 2010, 2:38 am

Free agency stuff aside. The eagles have always been disfunctional. We have guys who show up late to games, we have guys who could care less about football or the league when the final whistle blows, we dont practice, we dont meet, we have 1 qb, no backups at most positions, we play rock, we play indoor, we split in cfl, some play touch, we argue after wins and losses and its been that way for years and look at the record in every league u wanna name and the eagles are always at or near the top. THATS SCARY SHIT!!! Imagine what it could be if.... well......What im saying is this game is no different and in a one game put it all on the line scenario id bet my house on the eagles because in this case past performance does guarantee future results. Whats going on will have no effect this game. So i see theres been some wagering,(insider info) place your bets wisely. Its like this and words i live by: NEVER EXPLAIN YOURSELF TO ANYONE. THE PERSON WHO KNOWS AND LIKES YOU DOSENT NEED IT AND THE PERSON THAT DOESNT LIKE U WONT BELIEVE IT ANY DAMN WAY. Dont waste your time. So lets go eagles and walk our disfunctional asses of the field fighting and yelling at each other as champs.

chawk#2

Back to top Go down

Post by hlywd7 Sun 01 Aug 2010, 10:54 am

hlywd7 wrote:Giants will win. I guarantee it . LOL

I guaranteed the win, told you Giants were going to win it, lol. Great game Eagles. Good game Bear had to move to DE cause you were blocking me too good.

Great job Giants, Im proud to be a member of not only a great team but a great bunch of guys !!!

2009 CHAMPS
2010 CHAMPS

hlywd7

Back to top Go down

Championship Line Empty champs

Post by Bear 55 Sun 01 Aug 2010, 8:44 pm

Congrats to the champs. You guys deserved it. Always fun to bang with your D-line, love the physical battle. Good game and good season Giants.

See everyone around.

Bear

Bear 55

Back to top Go down

Championship Line Empty I hope you took my advice

Post by Mr Know Mon 02 Aug 2010, 8:45 am

I hope a lot of you made some money on my prediction of the Giants winning. I will be back next year and I hope that you all will know that MR. KNOW KNOWS ALL !

Mr Know

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down