Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Lines

Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Week 8 Lines

Post by Bookie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Wow, the biggest game of the year between big and little brother and no trash talk on the board? I know you guys respect each other but cant we get a little action on the board? Here are my brief thoughts.

Yankees vs Bucs (-1) o/u 18
Both teams have stout defenses so I think this game should be low scoring. The Yankees know how to stop the Bucs offense, they did a great job of that in the tournament, but I think Rudd will be able to move the ball enough here to win. The Bucs defense will be able to get Ford off his game and force him to make bad throws so unless there is a pick 6 here, I think the Bucs may pitch the shut out. Too bad this game is so early, it probably would be a good one to watch. Bucs win in a tight one.

Titans vs Broncos (-6) o/u 28
We go from the best to the worst here. Both teams have not shown much all year but I will give the Broncos the advantage in this one. The Titans do not have much of a rush and Dathan should be able to move the ball against them. This will be both teams best shot at a win this year so they better make the most of it.

Team USA vs Ballers (+18) o/u 30
Despite being shorthanded Team USA won in a romp last week. I would expect this game to go pretty smoothly for them, even if they are missing key players. The Ballers will find it hard to beat Team USA without a rush, and if they go with a 2 man rush Mason will eat them up. Even if they rush 3 he will so I guess it does not really matter. Team USA coasts to a win and keep their shot at the first round bye alive.

Steelers vs RIP (+1) o/u 30
This game could very well decide if either of these teams make the playoffs so it is critical to both teams. With a win, RIP is pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot, but a Steelers win could put them in the driver seat for the 6th spot. This will probably come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. I think that may be the Steelers here. RIP is 1-3 in their last 4 games and are struggling on both sides of the ball. Of course, the Steelers have yet to beat a good team, but at least they are winning lately.

Giants vs Eagles (+10) o/u 24
OK, so I was wrong last week, but if not for the last play of the game I would have been dead on. The Giants blew it last week so hopefully they come out fired up in this one. The Eagles are a smart team but if all or most of the Giants regulars come out I think they are outclassed. The Giants should be able to hit a couple long balls, even though they should really focus on the short game, and win this one by more than a touchdown. Despite what you would call a bad regular season, the Giants are still the best team in the flag football world, mostly due to brilliant coaching.

Blackout vs Killswitch (+18) o/u 22
Blackout has been winning and winning big as of late and are starting to look like the contender I thought they would be at the beginning of the season. Killswitch apparently believes the goal of football is to get the ball as close to the goal-line without actually scoring because that is what they are best at. They can drive, but they sure can't score. Blackout has an athletic secondary which will probably keep Killswitch off the board completely. Their offense should drive somewhat easily so I think this is another blowout win for them.

As the board has been pretty dead lately I leave you with a bookie bold prediction. Neither the Bucs nor the Yankees will make the championship game this year.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty dogg pound

Post by D pound Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:41 am

Hey bookie ! Is your favorite number 32? Just wondering. G man!

D pound

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Re: Week 8 Lines

Post by BJ32 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

Even I have to give props to the bookie on that post..LOL..thank you for adding fuel to the fire...but I do concur!! and you should sport a #32 bookie jersey sometime for good measure...BJ (bookie jr.?) #32

BJ32

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty detroit

Post by ESPN Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm

what teams are going to the tourney in the motor city !!!! could we get a roll call!!!

ESPN

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Travel

Post by MelKiper Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:32 pm

I think Buffalo's Best will go !

MelKiper

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Dogg Pound

Post by D. Pound Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

This Bookie/ GIants lovefest is outta control. LOL. Hey bookie what's the under/over on how many ounces of alcohol the Dogg Pound consumes in a sat. Afternoon? drunken

D. Pound

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty detroit

Post by ESPN Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

who's in and who's out???
word on the street USA is out
yanks is up in the air
blackout is in but need players i hear some of usa might go with blackout..
buccs are in but what players are going!!!!
so i guess the game is on R>I>P vs U>S>A
G-Men is out
killswitch is out...

I need to ask this why would you leave a team that go to
tourney and put together a team in the city and now they want travel,i dont get it!!
you no you love to play and go to tourney, i guess some of the players from USA didnt
think about this when they left the buccs !!! IM JUST SAYING

ESPN

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Re;

Post by Game Tue 05 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

Here is an answer!! Some men let other men think for them !! im just saying

Game

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Lines Empty Re: Week 8 Lines

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down