Western New York Flag Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Lines

3 posters

Go down

Week 7 Lines Empty Week 7 Lines

Post by Bookie Thu 17 Jun 2010, 1:47 pm

Ballers vs Giants (-14) o/u 34
The Ballers had a decent first tournament but are a year or two away from being able to beat the top teams. I like the Giants in this one with or without Bobby at QB. Their backup doesn't read particularly well but isn't afraid to use his legs and thus can move the ball effectively against most teams. One thing that could hurt the Giants is that BJ may not be attending. Not having his strategy could hurt, but I think they are deeper and have played together long enough to win without him. The Ballers rely on short slants and outs to #10, then just buying time and trying to go deep. They had a good game against each other in the tournament but I think the Giants win by a couple scores in this one.

Irish vs Hurricanes (+2) o/u 21
This is a good matchup and I think this is the week the Irish break into the win column. The Irish have been playing teams very tough lately and have better athletes than the Canes. They look good with their new QB so I think the offense puts a couple TD's on the board and their defense is good enough to hold the Canes to one score. If the Canes can figure out how to give their QB a little time they may have a better shot, but I doubt they maintain a drive. Noah scores a pair of TD's and the Irish defense shuts down the Canes late to take the win.

Bucs vs Broncos (+20) o/u 20
It was a dominating performance by the Bucs at the tournament with Mason looking unstoppable. The injury to Rashid should not be an issue for the Bucs as they should take care of the Broncos pretty easily in this one. The Broncos are still learning it seems but they lack the depth and talent of the Bucs so this one may not be too close. The Bucs won't see a real challenge till their prime time game July 3rd against the Giants.

Eagles vs Killswitch (+8) o/u 20
The Eagles were a field goal from making the championship, which really means they were a field goal away from getting smashed by the Bucs. That's not saying they are a bad team, but the Bucs were too good for anyone last week, plus the Eagles looked like they were missing their best rushers. Killswitch have played the Eagles tough in the past so its a smaller spread than one would expect, but they drop too many passes to maintain a drive. With the Eagles attacking defense I don't see Killswitch moving the ball much so unless Bobby throws picks, they Eagles should take this one. He won't, so the Eagles take this one somewhat easily.

Steel Curtain vs Dolphins (+6) o/u 24
The Dolphins are coming off a blowout loss to the Giants but should be able to make a game of this one. Steel Curtain may have better athletes, but don't play together so there is a chance they get upset here. Bobby at QB can tear the Dolphins up if he runs the ball, the quicker he realizes he can run in the game the better for Steel Curtain. I think this game stays close throughout until Bobby leads the Steel Curtain on a late game winning drive.

RIP vs Yankees (-6) o/u 18
RIP is struggling this year but are sticking together. They will need a near perfect effort on offense to win this one but I don't see that happening. If Mike#4, the Kanye West of flag football, can get pressure, I dont see RIP getting the ball to their playmaker receiver. The Yankees offense is nothing special, but they should be able to move the ball against RIP. RIP has the athletes on defense to make this a close game, but they seem to struggle covering centers. If they play a zone they can probably pick Ford a couple times due to his slow delivery. Ultimately Tony will take over the game and give the Yankees the win though.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Lines Empty Re: Week 7 Lines

Post by The CEO Thu 17 Jun 2010, 7:26 pm

I appreciate you not being bias & doing what you do....

True man of your craft! True professional...

The CEO

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Lines Empty book

Post by K/S#19 Fri 18 Jun 2010, 1:37 pm

Does the line go up or down based on me not being able to play this wkd? lol let me know cuz I may wanna bet on this one.
thx
League Putz

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bookie Fri 18 Jun 2010, 4:34 pm

Adjusted Line:
Eagles vs Killswitch (+10) o/u 22
This is probably surprising to most reading the board but I think Sean missing the game could hurt Killswitch. He may be the whipping boy for the board, he may take stupid penalties (though fewer this year than last), but he is one of the few Killswitch players that body up for flags. They need more intensity, he and Pete are the Killswitch defenders that add that. Just my opinion, but he goes all out every play and will do anything to fight for a flag, so if it's true he cannot make the game the line goes up.

Bookie

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 Fri 18 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm

lol,
i gotta put my hundred on team killswitch then book!
thx

K/S#19

Back to top Go down

Post by canes#23 Sat 19 Jun 2010, 9:47 pm

hey bookie the one thing you were right about was our line giving Rob time . With time to throw Rob is a better QB than givin credit for. Rob great play calling today you looked good out there. Lets keep it going next week. Great game irish but thats what you guys get for not letting us wear our jerseys lol.

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Post by canes#23 Sat 19 Jun 2010, 9:48 pm

as for maintaining a drive yeah 2 long drives puts that theory to rest for a little bit.

canes#23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down